Publisher: Chess Informant, 2012 Edition: Paperback medium Pages : 344 Language: English
Out of stock
• “Garry’s Choice” – exclusive column by Garry Kasparov! The 13th World champion dissects top games of modern chess/ in English, 6 pages
• “Top Five” – exclusive annotations by five world’s top players, Morozevich, Tomashevsky, Vitiugov, Moiseenko and Inarkiev/ in English, 23 pages
• “CI Labs 113” – 10 theoretical surveys with original analyses by grandmasters:
• Ivan Cheparinov - Queen’s gambit D35 • Ivan Ivanisevic - King’s Indian Defence E97 • Alexander Delchev - English opening A20 • Kidambi Sundararajan - Ruy Lopez C67, Berlin Defence • Viktor Erdos - Ruy Lopez C67, Rio de Janeiro variation • Misa Pap - French Defence C02 • Stelios Halkias - English opening A30 • Tornike Sanikidze - Queen’s gambit D39 • Robert Markus - Volga-Benko gambit A57 • Milos Perunovic - Sicilian Defence B42 • in English, 47 pages
• “Rising stars” column is presenting young Greek champion Antonis Pavlidis with two of his recent annotated games/ in English, 5 pages
• Portrait of Alexander Morozevich – The best from his career so far/ in Informant non-language style, 31 pages
• Games – traditional section, 80+ contributors including World champion Viswanathan Anand, Volokitin, Bologan, Shankland, Macieja, Tiviakov, Roiz, Sulskis, Jimenez, Amin, Rogers, Golod, Marin, etc./ in Informant non-language style, 171 pages
• Usual Informant content: Contest for the best game and novelty, Combinations, Endings, Excellent moves, Problems by M.Velimirovic, Studies by Y.Afek, Tournaments
Garry's Choice / from ChessCafe column, by Josip Asik: "Garry Kasparov, the Thirteenth World Champion, tremendously influenced the development of chess with his games, analyses, and writings. The quality of this work has greatly enriched our chess culture, and Chess Informant has had the privilege of presenting the fruits of his deep analytical work for more than thirty years.
The number thirteen has always been Garry's lucky number, and Chess Informant 113 sees the return of his analytical work in the pages of our publication. Seven years after his retirement from professional chess, we are deeply honoured to welcome Garry back to Chess Informant!
In the new column, "Garry's Choice," he will be annotating select games from recent practice, casting his critical eye on the efforts of modern chess stars – and mere "mortals" – in his trademark style (..)
The other major announcement concerning Volume 113 is that it kicks off our new publication schedule of four issues per year: March, June, September, and December. That is about 1,000 annotated high-level games per year! Stay tuned."